Saturday, May 23, 2020

Simple Pleasures

We are doing some grocery ordering from a small grocery/bar/restaurant that is bridging the SiP gap by delivering or having curb side pick up after ordering on line. The first time I saw their website I noticed they had corn dogs and I wanted one. Finally today, I got my wish. Actually we had forgotten once again to order them and when they called Dean to say our order was ready for pick up, he just asked if they had any. They did and we had some for lunch today.


Dean also fried potatoes. I sliced the potato very thin. 



We were so happy. Corn dogs and fried potatoes. Maybe not the healthiest meal but wow! One straight out of our childhoods. Lunch conversation consisted mainly of memories of The State Fair of Texas and standing in line for corn dogs and then going over to the Borden's booth where we stood in line again to see Elsie, the Borden's cow, and get one of those little tubs of ice cream. Life couldn't be much better than that and we enjoyed reliving those days along with very present tasty food. Why, I'm even having a little ice cream! 


No comments:

Post a Comment