Sunday, November 26, 2023

New Apartment, New Friends, and . . . Covid????

 This seems as good a time as any to write about my move into my new assisted living apartment just down the street from Michelle in Talent Oregon. No pictures yet. I will wait for those until I can show you an organized, mostly neat apartment. For now, let it suffice that I am pleased. I have a large bedroom, a small sitting room, a tiny kitchen area with microwave, fridge and freezer, and bathroom. There is a lot more storage than you might imagine. The food is good - three meals a day ordered off a  is menu and cooked by two really good cooks. I'm making friends of the several other ladies and learning to listen with patience to those whose ability to remember words is less than mine. I am almost moved in.

Yesterday afternoon Marc and Akira were coming to put together a bookcase and as I walked out of my room to meet them at the front door, a nurse was standing in the hall doing something and she asked if I had heard. No. Covid!! So she tested me - I'm fine - handed me a mask and sent me on my way. I called Michelle to warn the guys to wear masks. They came, put the shelves together and left. I wanted to hug them especially as Akira heads back to Eugene today but I didn't because I just didn't know. 

Wow - it is Never dull!!! 

Dean is back in Southern California, living with his son Rob and searching for an Air-Stream to buy. He will travel in it, fish along the way, and come to see me as often as he can. We are already talking about a trip to the beach. Meanwhile, although I continue to be sore and slow moving, I think I am healing some because I do a lot of resting and then my movement is walking a lot, unloading boxes, and lifting my little weights. 

I'll send pictures when things are just a little more organized. Meanwhile, please hold a good thought for this new adventure we are on. 


1 comment:

  1. Susan, so glad it isn't YOU with COVID! Glad I read the full post (tho' I responded earlier on FB to just the blog title...).
    Blessings as you sort, set, and settle in!

    ReplyDelete