Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Creating Beauty

 


This was day 12. The picture in no way does it justice. The butterflies are gold and beige and lavender and the flowers are also butterflies and tulips. And to the side are my family's signatures. The signing started in Philadelphia, crossed the country to Talent Oregon and finally landed on my table in Tahoe City for me to love and admire. A beautiful creation from some unknown artist that will grace my shelf and my life for a long time.


This is day 14, started on almost upon opening, still unfinished but eagerly awaiting today's application. I had already been thinking it was time to get out my pens and coloring books again. Dean had even thought about getting me another one. Suddenly it all came together. Dean and Taylor created a lovely window of shelves in the solarium on which I can put things I want to have at hand - like my book of mandalas and my pens - and then there was the mandala, not too early in the process nor too late. Just right for listening to carols and coloring.
Whether we create it ourselves or recognize the beauty created by others, beauty helps sustain and grace us wherever we find it. Blessings, dear friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment