Monday, December 7, 2020

Days Five and Six of Winter

 


Day 5 is a beautiful winter themed mask. Out here I can probably wear it through March as there is no specific reference to a season. This may be the most comfortable mask I have and Meredith is going to send me the link to buy another as it looks like we will be masked for quite a while.
A FB question posted by a friend asked, "Will you wear a mask for the 100 days President Elect Biden is suggesting?" My answer: for as long as is necessary. I've been wearing a mask for months now. I think I can continue for more months. Much better a mask than a ventilator.



Day Six was a beautiful handmade snowflake, crocheted by Michelle. I have a number of smaller ones she made years ago that have hung on my tree for years. This one is larger and I call it my snowflake star. The top picture shows it up close, the bottom how it fits into the nativity that sits on our table. The tree is outside in our neighbor's yard. It fits right in, doesn't it? 
Once again the conversation is so important. It only takes as long as we want it to and is meaningful and deep even when we giggle and laugh and are silly.
Maybe I should tell you that this nativity was bought in the early 60's when the Civil Rights movement was just underway. It was carved in an artists collective by blacks in the South who finally said, we refuse to work for 25 cents a day. They set up this collective and made honest money from their artistic labors. I no longer remember in what state or how we knew to buy it. I only know we bought it as a way of supporting a cause we believed in. It has graced Christmas all these years.
Blessings during our Advent and Winter journey together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment