Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The First Day of Winter


On the first day of Winter, my daughters gave to me . . . a pear. 

Thus begins a three month journey through the minds and imaginations of my wonderful daughters. 

Emotionally I have had a rough time since the end of August - having nothing to do with COVID or my own health. Three people that I love dearly almost died. Three people I love dearly did die. Two dear friends of Dean whom I knew died. It seemed I shed a lot of tears of sadness and my daughters saw and recognized that. They decided to do something about it. 
Starting today (see #1) I have a present a day to open for three months - 90 days of winter to keep me entertained and happy in the midst of a cold quarantine. 
Part of the gift is that I call them each time I open the present of the day. We have a WhatsApp account for the three of us so a quick video chat works well. I already have a box that contains 10 more little gifts, wrapped with the number of the day included. Another will soon be on its way. 
When they told me the plan, I cried but this time they were tears of Joy and happiness. 
You may not have to see every little gift, but count on my sharing along the way. We are all very excited about this journey together and as I said to them after eating my pear today ~ see you tomorrow! 

 

2 comments: