Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Day 8 ~ Another Special Gift

 


This was my gift yesterday and it is not just a book picked off the shelf that they thought mom might like. Meredith proofread this book. Did you know Meredith was a professional proofreader? She sort of slips that one in among her other jobs. That fact makes this book all the more special.

I told them it may be a while before I read it as right now I am reading all sorts of Christmas stories. Meredith reminded me that these gifts were mean to get me through winter so there was no rush. And then after our conversation, I picked up the book and started to read. Of course I did! After a few pages, which told me I was going to like the book, I put it down, reminded myself of what Meredith said and went back to my Christmas stories. 

Memories came flooding back of so many Christmas afternoons and evenings when I snuggled down on the couch and started to read one of the several new books I had been given for Christmas. For a number of years in my late 20s and early 30s, they were Agatha Christie's until I had collected almost all of hers. 

I love my Kindle and buying books for myself and there is something really wonderful about opening the gift of a book given by folks who know and love me and starting to read a new adventure. 

Blessings, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment