Friday, December 4, 2020

Days Three and Four of Winter

 On the third day of Winter, my family gave me . . . fudge. Oh yum!! 


 

Meredith's recipe. Michelle's cooking. Dark chocolate pecan fudge. Dean and I both went a little crazy. I cut us a small piece for dessert and he came back later looking like Oliver with his bowl of gruel: please, I need more. Heheheheh. It really is good. And so simple that I will make it soon. 

And on the 4th day of Winter, my family gave me . . . cookies: ginger and lemon with icing.


I haven't tried the ginger yet. The lemon is wonderful. And best of all on any day is the conversation that goes with the unwrapping. Today, Meredith and David arrived home during our visit and David showed me around their Christmas decorations. These chats don't last long and they are precious and so special as we take just a moment each day to see each other and catch up briefly. The cookies and fudge will be eaten. Other gifts will be enjoyed for perhaps a longer time. And best of all will be the memories of moments together. Sometimes technology is a gift too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment